Slide or Tilt and Turn Patio Doors
Outwardly visually similar to a normal sliding panel design, Tilt & Slide or Tilt and Turn Patio Doors offer unique opening options in that they can be slid easily sideways or, using the tilt feature will allow the glazed panel to open inwards bringing fresh air & ventilation into the house without the need to fully open the door.
The choice of opening is controlled by one easy to use handle – move it in one direction for standard opening, turn it in another direction for tilting function – tilt & slide windows will not slide whilst tilted.
Handles can be fitted to just the interior or on both sides of the frames and operate all round multi-point locks for added security.
They especially can work well on an upper floor or balcony where the clear opening space can be a means of escape in the event of an emergency, but bear in mind that the panels open inwards.
Energy Efficient Glazing
- Low-e glass, double glazed with “warm edge” spacers.
- As above but with Argon Gas filled double glazed panels.
- As above but triple glazed and with 2 Argon Gas filled glazing.
Door Security Options
As with all low level glazing in the home, building regulations for safety can apply in the UK and using toughened safety glass to BS 6206 standard will prevent shatter in the event of a breakage.
- Steel reinforced uPVC Frames will prevent distortion & warping
- Multi-point locks, anti-lifting door tracks & using only an internal handle can deter burglars
You can take the option to personalise your patio doors with a choice of over a dozen colours including black or wood-grain surface finishes.