uPVC Patio Doors
Fully Fitted Sliding Doors
A very popular option that offers decent access to the outside of your home or conservatory, uPVC Patio Doors are versatile enough to fit almost anywhere.
Installing a new set of uPVC Patio Doors to your home can make a dramatic difference to any room as they are great for increasing the levels of natural light and allowing ease of access to the outside – not surprisingly, many people believe that it has the effect of making the room also feel much larger than it actually is.
However, if you are going to remove a small window and knock down a wall to fit a new patio door, then it’s a good idea to have the structure properly checked out by a professional before you pick up that hammer!
- Anti-lifting tracks
- White or coloured uPVC with Wood-grain options
- Aluminium or Hardwood
- Security Locks
- Toughened or Laminated Glazed Sections
- Triple Glazing if required
- Low-e thermally efficient glass
Smaller openings may not really be suitable however, because with a 2 panel sliding door design only one of the panels will move and so the maximum clear opening space will be less than 50%.
Typical Door sizes
Sizes are approximate
- Up to 6 feet (1.8 metre) 2 panels
- 6 feet (1.8 metre) to 10 feet (3 metres) – 2 to 4 panels
- 12 feet (3.6 metre) – 4 to 5 panels
- 14 feet (4.2 metre) – up to 6 panels
- 16 feet (4.8 metre) – 6 panels
Larger openings can accommodate 3 or 4 panels which have more than one which moves.
For example, a 4 panel configuration could allow for the 2 centre doors to move to the left & right leaving a good sized clear space.